Friday, August 11, 2006

Acquiring a house

Five years ago I had acquired my first car, though a used one, out of my own earnings. It was such an emotional moment for me. Tears rolled down my eyes. We have come this up from a lower middle clas family. The emotions were much lesser when I purchased a new Wagon R in 2003. I suppose one gets used to thnings after some time. And now in August 2006, I had acquired a flat in my name with loans from my employer and my savings. Another landmark in life. But this time it gave me a lot of headache. Part of the payment had to be made in cash so that it becomes black money. For a salaried executive like me, it was difficult to convert the white money from my salary and savings in banks into black cash. I broke my head, lost my sleep and finally were able to came out with some workable solution. But the ordeal is over. The joy of acquring a property has not really shown up this time on me. Mono, my wife was however elated. May be some day I will also understand the gravity of this acquisition.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi rupankar,
How r u n very accidently i came across ur blog,and simply i m overjoyed to c ur writings n sharing a common interest of travelling....whoa ..nice..

Me n my bro has started a Travel Agency in the name of Hrishikesh Travels,Survey,Guwahati,Assam.
-Do gimme ur numbers n e-mail ID ..mine is 9435032013,hrishikeshtravels@gmail.com
..do reply man..nice to meet ya

Rishi said...

Dear Rupankar,

Great writing. I was looking for some information on Morbi and pleasantly came across your entry. I think you write and share wonderfully! Keep it up. Hope to meet you some day.

Regards,

Rishi, Mumbai

Powered By Blogger